Tips: Make Full Use of Free Data Recovery Software
1. Why do I need a free data recovery software?
I know that most people think that data loss is far away from them. When I talked to some of my friends about data recovery, they always feel free and easy. "I always do back up." "I never make stupid mistakes such as accidental deletion." "My disks are perfectly safe."... However, most of them will come to me depressively with saying "hey here’s the thing but I can’t open my disk and have to format with all things lost…"
Ok, now you see that actually data loss happens very often. And we know that once the data loss happen, the most important thing is to stop using your computer. So if you have a data recovery tool in your computer, you’ll feel extremely lucky at that time. And of course a free data recovery software is the best choice.
2. How to use a free data recovery software?
• As soon as you realize your data has been deleted or lost, stop using the computer! The data is still on your disk, you just can’t see it anymore. But if you take any action.
• If you don’t have data recovery software on your computer, you need to find and download data recovery software on another computer.
• Save the data recovery tool to a flash drive and run it directly from there. And save the extracted data back onto the flash drive for added safety.
• If you decide to use a free data recovery software, you’d better find one that DOES NOT REQUIRE INSTALLATION.
3. Top 3 free data recovery software on my recommendation list
No. 1 Rucuva File Recovery
Recuva is a free data recovery software that can recover files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it can recover lost data from damaged or formatted disks. Also it can recover deleted emails, deleted iPod music, etc.
No. 2 PC INSPECTOR File Recovery
PC INSPECTOR File Recovery is a free data recovery software that can support for FAT 12/16/32 and NTFS file systems. This free recovery software can recover files with the original date, and can optionally restore them to a network drive and can recover many files, even when a header entry is no longer available. It offers an easy to use interface that will scan your drive and automatically make files that can be recovered available from a "Deleted" folder in an Explorer Style navigation tree. This software need to installation to be used, which is not so good.
No. 3 Restoration
Restoration is an easy to use and straight forward free recovery tool to undelete files that were removed from the recycle bin or directly deleted from Windows. Upon start, you can scan for all files that may be recovered and also limit the results by entering a search term or extension. You may notice that Restoration is an “undeleted” data recovery tool, so it can only recovery deleted files.
If your file is very precious, or lost due to a drive reformat, partition deletion or damaged logical hard drive, virus infection, software crash, unexpected shutdown and other unknown reasons, you might also consider recovering it with commercial data recovery software like Wondershare Data Recovery. It’s easy and safe to use. And it’s now on discount of $29.95, a very cheap price among all the commercial recovery tools.